Our Director of Analytics, Adrian Vender, was a speaker at eMetrics Chicago in June 2016. His topic was under the Applied Science Track called Integrating Multi-Touch Data for Next-Level CRM Insights. With so many powerful digital marketing tools and cloud-based data services available to us, extracting and joining marketing data has become so much easier to wrangle together. But then what? Are we preparing data in the proper way to find those strategic insights? And what kind of insights are we looking for? Adrian shared some techniques on how to find notable channel-level insights within combined data sets. Some examples of notable channel-level opportunities include:
- Identifying high-converting SEO landing pages with mid-ranking, high CTR keywords found in Search Console.
- Landing Page testing opportunities found in high-ranking, high-CTR, yet high-bounce rate pages.
- Integrate CRM data to optimize PPC keywords based on CRM-funnel activity.
- Leverage display impression tracking to measure impression efforts to conversion.
- Analyze email campaign performance by observing pre-click and post-click patterns.
- Leverage multi-attribution data exports to combine marketing data performance and spend reports.