Blogging Strategies to Enhance SEO
SEO Advantages of Blogging
Having great content is one of the most important factors for achieving competitive rankings in the search engines. That is why blogs have a tendency to rank well. Internet Marketing Inc. always encourages our clients to have blogs and consistently update them with great content relevant to their customers and industries.
Blogging is one of the best ways to add content and value to your SEO efforts because:
- It educates your audience
- It adds page after page of content visible to the search engines
- It provides content that your audience can easily share and link to (link building)
- It shows that you are an authority in your specific industry
- It provides link bait opportunities
- It provides content syndication opportunities
- It provides opportunity for deep linking to main website content pages
Blogging Best Practices
A blog (a portmanteau of the term “web log”) is a type of website or part of a website. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. “Blog” can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.
Why are good titles so important?
- The first thing that calls attention in the search results and in social bookmarking entries are the titles
- A good or bad title can make or break the decision to click and read the rest of the blog post
Exmples of good titles include:
- Top 5 Business Benefits of Mobile Marketing
- How to Increase Profitability Using PPC
Inverted Pyramid Writing Style
In today’s busy world, blog readers want to know the conclusion right away. The conclusion can be a deciding factor for reading the details if it sparks the reader’s interest. When on the go, people tend to bookmark, save and read later. This is even more emphasized in mobile applications. Therefore, when writing a blog it is often beneficial to start with a brief summary of the conclusions before launching into all the supporting facts and details.
Use of Headings and Sub Headings
Blog readers scan before they read. Having no headings and sub-headings or numbers and bullets is straining on the eyes and often causes the reader to skip large portions of text. You want to avoid having the “great wall of text” and make sure your post is visually appealing at first glance (i.e. Headings, Sub-headings, Bullet Points, Numbers, Images, Video).
The IMI Approach to Corporate Blogging Strategies
As part of the SEO strategy, we generally make recommendations for blogging as part of the second phase of SEO. Once the foundation has been set with the proper keywords and on-page/off-page elements in motion, we will work with our clients to develop an editorial calendar, create blog titles focusing on specific topics and keyword groups, train client team members on SEO copywriting styles and content optimization, and provide a strategy for syndication and distribution.