We used infographics and video to drive thousands in ticket sales nationwide!
AMC Theatres approached IMI specifically to launch data-driven content marketing strategies that could be tied back to ticket sales for movies such as Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Anchorman 2. The company handled all SEO and Social Media in-house but had resource constrictions. AMC partnered with IMI due to our proven track record and results focused strategies for content marketing.
The goal was to design and promote compelling content and use analytics to understand which movie-goers saw the content and purchased tickets versus those that did not.
The IMI team worked closely with AMC’s awesome in-house team to develop a strategy using infographics, motion graphics, and video supported by custom variables and event tracking implementation with Google Analytics. The team spent countless hours researching the films and what fans were talking about, and then designed infographics and animated videos that would resonate with them. We used AMC’s social channels as well as our own outreach strategies to promote each piece.
The results of the content marketing strategies thus far have been outstanding. Some of the highlights include:
- Thousands of new pageviews and impressions to AMC’s blog and social pages
- Over 100,000 views on YouTube for the videos
- Acknowledged by top movie review blogs and major publications like Forbes.com
- Hundreds of new high quality inbound links
- Thousands of dollars in ticket sales for AMC Theatres so far for each movie