To be executed successfully, Internet marketing involves all kind of optimization. Generally, when people think of optimization they often think of organic search engine optimization. The term optimization simply means to improve upon an existing strategy.
Internet marketing is currently the most measurable marketing tactic out there also making it one of the most popular. Marketers need to know where every dollar is going and what the return on investment is. The days of wildly spending large marketing budgets are over…out of necessity and because you have the ability to track everything online. If you have the tools, why not use them. Optimization strategies are the foundation of turning a creative marketing strategy into a successful ROI.
Step One: Conversion Optimization
Conversion optimization is the most important first step because there is no point in sending traffic to web pages that do not have a clear message, are not designed properly to encourage conversions, etc. Conversion optimization involves several key components:
- Researching the target audience and demographics
- Defining business and marketing goals
- Developing a clear message to entice the audience and get them interested in what you have to offer
- Developing copy/content that supports that message and offers a clear call to action
- Developing well designed pages that turn visitors into conversions
Step Two: Marketing Optimization
Marketing optimization involves everything else. Once the steps have been taken above and the foundation has been set, you can develop the Internet marketing strategy that will bring visitors to your websites and landing pages. Some of these efforts include:
- Organic search engine optimization
- Paid search optimization and management
- Social media marketing and online reputation management
- Email marketing to retarget current customers and develop new ones
Online marketing is really a set of collective efforts that compliment one another giving a company maximum exposure on the web and maximizing the potential return on investment.