With the launch of Google Plus brand pages, it is increasingly important for brands to leverage the all-new social media opportunity. While most brands have already hopped on the facebook fan page train, this new opportunity poses yet another avenue for marketers to promote their brand and connect with customers on social media channels. As another tool in the social media strategies tool belt for brands, it’s time for marketers to embrace Google Plus and set up their branded page.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to set up your company’s Google Plus brand page:
- Create a gmail account for your brand (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Once a personal account is created for your brand, you can create a corporate page here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/pages/create
- Pick the correct category for your brand and fill in the necessary information (website, page name, categories, etc.) then accept the terms and conditions to create the page.
- Once you’ve created the page, fill in the basic info for your page’s public profile. You will be able to add more detailed information later.
- Navigate to your page and start adding more information by clicking on the “edit page” button on the top right of the page. Here you will be able to add a page introduction, photos, videos, website and contact info.
- Promote your page via social plugins on your website and other social media sites.
If you have any questions, please leave them as a comment below. Thanks!