Are Search Ads Eating Up All of The Traffic?

Google studies have recently shown that 89% of incremental traffic comes from paid search ads, while the remaining 11% comes from organic search results. Organic search results are the sites that are “best recommended” by search engines like Google, while pay-per-click advertising allows anyone to place a bid on their ad to be placed next to the organic search results.

The research proved that by withholding search ads, also referred to as the “Search Ads Pause Studies”, the 89% of incremental traffic was not made up for by organic clicks when the Search Ads were put on pause.

It seems that Google’s bottom line in these studies is to ensure that spending money on Google ads is profitable. Others have been skeptical that the study does not provide an accurate account of organic click results in the absence of paid search ads.

Comments are closed.