Road Runner Sports
Road Runner Sports was seeking to improve organic SEO rankings and traffic in order to increase revenue from online sales on their website (www.roadrunnersports.com). The company was looking for a firm experienced in SEO consulting and working with an in-house development team. After a formal RFP process, Internet Marketing Inc. was selected based on expertise, presentation, and competitive pricing.
Road Runner Sports did have some good positioning for competitive broad search terms and ranked for just over 5,000 keyword phrases in the top 20 of Google. However, based on the number of products and their revenue goals, they needed many more rankings. The company was seeking sophistication in the following areas:
• How to improve the website’s architecture using advanced SEO best practices
• How to incorporate Algorithmic SEO Optimization for dynamic pages
• How to improve rankings for high volumes of long tail keywords phrases that would lead to improvements in online sales and revenue
The services provided under the SEO Consulting agreement include:
• Market Research and Competitive Analysis
• Keyword Research and Analysis
• Keyword Effectiveness Index, Updated Keyword Mapping, and Link Reclamation
• Website Diagnostic Analysis and Ongoing Website Development Recommendations
• Design and Usability Consulting
• Revenue-per-keyword Analysis
Internet Marketing Inc initiated the project by performing in-depth keyword research with the client and a detailed diagnostic analysis on the website. Weekly deliverables were reviewed on regularly scheduled calls and face-to-face meetings. IMI would review the work implemented by the client’s in-house development team on a weekly basis.
The results listed below were achieved during the period of October 2009 to April 2010. Prior to hiring Internet Marketing Inc.
BEFORE: Roadrunnersports.com had rankings for just over 5,000 keyword phrases in the top 20 results in Google.
AFTER: After working with Internet Marketing Inc. for six months, the company now has over 17,700 keyword phrases ranking in the top 20 in Google. These keyword phrases include the long tail “money” keywords that the client had a goal of focusing on. Organic traffic to the site has quadrupled.