Joining SEO Contest
I have been in several SEO contest in the past, even in the early stages of my SEO life. My main driver was just checking if my SEO knowledge and skills are effective. Eventually, after joining several, I have won some of them.
- 2005 – 11th place Isulong SEOph (2005) by SEO Philippines
- 2006 – 10th place in Google Ituloy angSulong by SEO Philippines
- 2006 – 1st place Vorgermilten by some fake Ares immigration P2P software
- 2007 – 1st place SEO World Championship aka: GlobalWarming Awareness2007 by GetUpdated. Won a new car!
- 2008 – 2nd place SEOContest2008 by UK Webmaster World
- 2008 – 2nd place Promote Your Business by Branders.com
- 2009 – 4th place Sulumits Retsambew by NetBuilders.org
But does that make me good in running SEO campaigns for large companies?
Running Large Client SEO Campaigns
I started diving into the SEO world in 2004 mainly for myself, and started working in SEO agencies in 2006. And the skills and knowledge I gained over time gave me the opportunity to work with larger Fortune 500 companies. Did the skills gained in corporate SEO help in me winning SEO contest?
SEO Contest Skills != Corporate SEO Client Skills
These are definitely two different things, but this does not mean one or the other knows less of how SEO is done. It is more a question of process, procedures, presentation, delivery, timing and level of risk. But the foundation skills of both is still the same SEO knowledge.